Force 5 is hiring!
Front-end website developer/designer!
Force 5 is a leading-edge marketing and communications agency located in South Bend, IN. We ground our uncompromising pursuit of the best marketing on the planet in our commitments to being community-minded and sustainability-focused. We position ourselves as Guides to our clients (you will learn more about this) and transform both messages and methods to ignite customer engagement. Our goal is to guide our clients to more effective marketing.
As a front-end developer/designer at Force 5, you will experience everything from completing projects for multimillion-dollar companies to supporting local organizations and nonprofits. You will work with our team to create web graphics, interfaces, and layouts that drive results for our clients. You'll be using your knowledge of design to surprise and delight our clients' customers/stakeholders.
We tackle projects on all the major CMS platforms: WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, Squarespace, and more (including custom-coded). Your role is to use project plans, diagrams, and customer feedback to nail the right look and feel for each site. You're probably a great fit if you have a dual interest in web development and graphic design.
Like what you see so far and want to get down to business? Read on to discover your responsibilities and requirements in this position.
Some of the activities you will do each day include:
- Designing websites for desktop and mobile
- Creating UI elements and graphics
- Using markup languages like HTML and CSS to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintaining and improving current websites
- Optimizing sites for maximum page load speed
- Designing responsive features and layouts
- Collaborating with back-end developers to improve sites' usability
- Getting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and customers
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes
- Helping back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies
Requirements and Skills
- Strong design skills
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- A solid design portfolio
- Hands-on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Knowledge of technical SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to organize and set priorities with a commitment to continuous improvement
- "Can Do" attitude is a must
This is a full-time position--hybrid preferred but will consider fully remote.
Pay is determined by the level of experience. Benefits include health benefits for the employee paid in full by the agency; includes life insurance and vision benefits; dental benefits offered (paid by the employee); vacation, holidays, and paid sick time. NEW GRADUATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY!
Do marketing stuff. Save the world. Become a hero and get paid to do it. Send us your resume!
We currently have no openings.
Apply by using the contact form below.