10 Quick Facts You Should Know About Consumer Behavior on Facebook
This study is from CMB Consumer Pulse and Constant Contact and focusing on consumer behavior on Facebook. It was just published this week, and reveals some very interesting factoids. As Marketers, we realize that Facebook is among many social media tactics that should be part of your marketing strategy. However, some of these facts show that getting folks to interact with you-to become friends of your page-creates brand ambassadors that propel your brand to new heights. Look at the stats below and see if you agree. Are you more likely to recommend a brand that you have become a fan? I think I am.
One of the most revealing stats to me is that 76% of people have never un-liked a brand. I can see that if a customer is extremely un-happy with a recent transaction, they might do that – but for the most part, people that become fans are brand ambassadors from day one.
How’s your fan base? What are you doing to take care of your ambassadors? Take a look at the stats below, and see if you agree. If you need help with integrating social media into your marketing strategy, Force 5 can help. Give us a call.
* 52% of Americans over 18 spend at least one hour a week on Facebook
* 58% of users “like” a brand because they are a customer
* People interact with their favorite brands on Facebook far more than other social networks
* Engagement is real: 78% of people who “like” brands on Facebook like fewer than 10 brands
* Most fans “interact” with brands, primarily through reading brand’s posts and newsfeeds
* 76% of people have never “un-liked” a brand
* 56% of fans say they’re more likely to recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan
* 51% of fans say they’re more likely to buy a product since becoming a fan
* 45% of Facebook users’ time is spent in the newsfeed
* 69% of Facebook users want to hear from some brands more than others
Here’s the study: